Lidl is heading to Selden.
The German-based discount grocer is replacing the Best Market that closed months ago at 211 Middle Country Road.
The store’s grand opening is set for this Wednesday, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony planned for 7:40 a.m.
Doors will then swing open to the public at 8 a.m.
Shoppers at the grand opening can participate in the following offers:
- The first 100 customers will be presented with a special gift card ranging from $5 to $100 each
- Music provided by a local DJ
- Enter for a chance to win a $500 gift card
- Tote bag giveaway with myLidl app download
Here are some highlights of each Lidl location:
- Hundreds of organic and gluten-free products
- A fresh bakery
- The majority of the products in the store are sourced in the U.S
- European specialty items, including hard-to-find cheeses, authentic specialty sauces and cured meats
- A rotating non-food selection that includes fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys and outdoor furniture
To learn more about Lidl click here.
Top: The bakery at the Lidl location in Lake Grove (credit: Nicholas Esposito).