For the entire month of August, retail was celebrated in Port Jefferson.
The posts spotlighted each business and their anniversaries.
“We are looking to have this annually every year to celebrate, and most importantly, thank our customers for their support over the years,” said Steve Muñoz, head of the association, who also owns The Amazing Olive at 213 Main Street.
Muñoz also had posters made up for each retailer which shows how long the business has been operating for.
“It was a simple event to thank and show everyone that small business retail is alive and well in Port Jeff,” said Muñoz.
Scroll down to see the years of operation for the participating retailers.
- Ecolin Jewelers – 48 years
- Sea Creations – 43 years
- East End Shirt Co. – 40 years
- Elegant Affairs – 34 years
- Knitting Cove & Yarn Shop – 25 years
- Stacy’s Pattern Finders – 25 years
- Thomas Kinkade Gallery – 20 years
- Max & Millies – 15 years
- Boardwalk Games, Inc. – 15 years
- Fetch Doggy Boutique & Bakery – 14 years
- The Soap Box – 12 years
- Amazing Olive – 7 years
- Port Jeff Pilates – 7 years
- Bounce Blowdry Bar – 6 years
- Salon Blonde – 5 years
- Fame & Rebel – 3 years
- The Barn Downtown – 3 years
- Spice & Tea Exchange – 1 year
- Origin of Era – Six months
- Jennifer Hannaford Studio – Two months
- Star Gallery – One month
Top: View of Port Jefferson’s Main Street.