Port Jefferson Village’s Harvest Festival is all set for this Sunday.
From noon to 5 p.m., the North Shore village will be hosting a series of events for the festival.
(Schedule below. As of now, there is no rain date planned for the day.)
Among the activities include a farmer’s market at the Village Center, chowder crawl with eight participating restaurants at Chandler Square, and craft making at the Port Jefferson Library.
There is also a haunted walking tour, food tastings, and marshmallow roastings.
“Combining these sub-events with children’s activities, woodcarving demonstrations and haunted walking tours, this festival is a family friendly experience,” said Barbara Ransome, director of operations at the Greater Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.
One of the day’s draws is the annual costume dog parade.
“Everyone loves to participate in the costumes pet parade,” said Port Jeff Mayor Margot Garant. “Thanks to Fetch Doggy Boutique for sponsoring.“
According to the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, over 100 dogs and their owners walk in the pet parade.
The parade will begin at 2 p.m. at Fetch Doggy Boutique on East Main Street.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Farmer’s market at the Village Center
- Noon Free scientific circus show at the Village Center
- Noon to 4 p.m. Chowder Crawl at Chandler Square (fee to attend)
- Noon to 5 p.m.
- Haunted walking tour at Chandler Square ($2 fee with proceeds benefiting local food pantries)
- Food tastings at C’est Cheese, Port Jeff Brewing Company, Port Jeff Liquors
- Marshmellow roasting at Frigate Parking Lot
- Woodcarving demonstrations at Frigate Parking Lot
- Antique farm machinery at the Village Center
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Trick-or-treat bag making (fee)
- 2 p.m. Costume dog parade
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Festive craft making at Port Jefferson Library
Top: File photo from a previous dog costume parade.