Tickets are now available for Port Jefferson’s first-ever Breakfast Crawl.
And they’ve been selling in a hurry since first being opened to the public Wednesday, Feb. 21.
“We have been blown out of the water from how many tickets are being bought right now,” said Barbara Ransome of the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.
The chamber, which is working with the fledgling Pro-Port Restaurant Group for the event, developed a three-tiered system for ticketing (details below). The crawl is March 24.
There are 14 participating restaurants (the full list appears below), so there are different prices associated with how many places a patron wants to eat.
- $20 for a choice for any six restaurants
- $30 for a choice for any nine restaurants
- $40 for all 14 restaurants
Tickets and a menu booklet for what is being served will be available a week before the Breakfast Crawl at the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce office, at 118 West Broadway.
However, GreaterPortJeff got a sneak peek at some of the restaurants’ menus beforehand.
Here are some of our favorites:
- The Fifth Season will be offering a local eggs donut Benedict sautéed with mushroom and caramelized onions with a truffle herb hollandaise sauce.
- C’est Cheese will be preparing a triple crème filled croissant with mimosas.
- Danfords Wave Restaurant will be serving its Mexican Frittata with Mexican hot chocolate.
- Slurp is having steamed ‘Bao’ buns filled with pork belly and a choice of tea.
- Pasta Pasta
- The Fifth Season
- Roger’s Frigate
- Toast Coffeehouse
- C’est Cheese
- Nantuckets (formerly known as Crazy Fish Bar & Gill)
- Barito Tacos & Cocktails
- East Main on Main
- The Steam Room
- Local’s Cafe
- Slurp Ramen
- Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford’s Hotel & Marina
The event will run from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 24 with rain date of March 31.
Photo: Breakfast crawlers in Patchogue in May 2017. Credit: Benny Migliorino